One piece kabuki play – Shochiku began screening trailer for their theatrical screening of “One piece kabuki play” based on Eiichiro Oda’s One Piece Manga on Wednesday. The video shows some of the scenes from the stage play.
Gol D. Roger was known as the “Pirate King,” the strongest and most infamous being to have sailed the Grand Line. The capture and death of Roger by the World Government brought a change throughout the world. His last words before his death revealed the existence of the greatest treasure in the world, One Piece. It was this revelation that brought about the Grand Age of Pirates, men who dreamed of finding One Piece—which promises an unlimited amount of riches and fame—and quite possibly the pinnacle of glory and the title of the Pirate King.
Enter Monkey D. Luffy, a 17-year-old boy who defies your standard definition of a pirate. Rather than the popular persona of a wicked, hardened, toothless pirate ransacking villages for fun, Luffy’s reason for being a pirate is one of pure wonder: the thought of an exciting adventure that leads him to intriguing people and ultimately, the promised treasure. Following in the footsteps of his childhood hero, Luffy and his crew travel across the Grand Line, experiencing crazy adventures, unveiling dark mysteries and battling strong enemies, all in order to reach the most coveted of all fortunes—One Piece.
(Source – MyAnimeList)
One Piece Kabuki Play Trailer
The play adapts marineford arc from Manga, In which luffy tries to save his brother ace from the execution and at the same time the war between white beard pirates and marines broke out!
The following people make up the full cast of One Piece Kabuki Play :-
- Ichikawa Ennosuke IV as Luffy, Hancock, Shanks
- Ichikawa Ukon as Whitebeard
- Bandō Minosuke II as Zoro, Bentham, Squard
- Nakamura Hayato as Sanji, Inazuma
- Ichikawa Shunen II as Nami, Sandersonia
- Ichikawa Kōtarō as Hatchan, Sentomaru
- Ichikawa Juen as Avalo Pizarro
- Ichikawa Emisaburō as Nyon
- Ichikawa Enya II as Jinbei, Blackbeard
- Ichikawa Emiya II as Nico Robin, Marigold
- Ichikawa Omezō VI as Magellan
- Ichikawa Monnosuke VIII as Tsuru
- Seiji Fukush as Ace
- Noritoshi Kashima as Brook, “Akainu” Sakazuki
- Kazuyuki Asano as Rayleigh, Ivankov, Sengoku
(Source – ANN)
The trailer is extremely good, looks like this would be a treat to watch. Since they are doing a theatrical release i would definitely love to watch the drama in 720p HD or 1080p HD. Since this play portrays one piece in a different way, and on top of it they have taken an arc which is extremely difficult to re-create, well this is what i think. But since i watched the trailer my desire to watch this kabuki stage play has gone up!
Subscribe to Otaku Vines, Don't miss anything!!
- Get instant news, reviews and recommendations!
- Stay updated with Anime, Manga, Light Novels and LIve Action Drama and Movies all the time!
- No spamming because we respect your privacy!